THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010

2010 has started off right, with a kiss at midnight from my wonderful girlfriend. I know that 2010 will bring many possibilities and I will try to take every one of those realistic possibilities. As people set their "New Years Resolutions" I am setting a couple goals to achieve throughout the year instead of just one resolution. Someone's goals or resolutions might not be realistic to their life, but I am trying my hardest to set goals for myself that I can actually accomplish. Thing brings me to a fork in the road.

One way passed the fork is the path of total concentration and determination. This is the path that at the end of it, I would reach all my goals and am able to cross them off my list. This is obviously ideal, and I hope reasonable.

The other fork is the path of the rocky road. And no, it's not a path where you can eat Rocky Road ice cream, but it's the path where I struggle through achieving those goals I have set for myself. This would be a disappointing path, and also might be a little longer than the first path.

My goals for the year of 2010:
  1. I want to get a dog. My ideal dog would be a Norwich terrier who's loving, happy, and energetic. I want a dog that I can have a special bond with and the dog would make me smile every time I walked through the door when I got home. I want to save up enough money to afford buying a dog, either from a shelter or from somewhere else. 
  2. I want to pay off my mom's notebook. She keeps track of the money I owe her from my car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. I want to pay her off enough that there is only close to $100 left on it after I give my mom the last group of money. This may take all year, but I think with enough managing, I can do it.
  3. To get nothing lower than a B- in all of my classes in the Spring 2010 semester. In the past, I have disappointed myself, and I'm sure others, and I don't want to be disappointing myself with my grades again. I lost some of my scholarship towards college due to some poor grades and I'm determined to get that money back. 
  4. And lastly, I want to give my girlfriend a romantic date for our one year anniversary. I can't disclose what I would do for her specifically but you can count on it being great. This has been my longest relationship and it's been hers too. One year together marks an amazing accomplishment in itself. It is a special day that deserves to be celebrated. 
So far those are the goals I have set for myself to achieve throughout the year ahead. Some will take longer than others, and some will take more hard work and determination than others. But I truly believe that if I put my heart and soul into 2010, I can get the results I just talked about. Check back with me throughout the year to see if I actually can do this...

...The Limping Lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment