THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting to Know the Limping Lizard

I want to be known as The Limping Lizard as I write my blogs. I know it might not be the most attractive name, but I thought the name showed the struggles that I have had throughout my life.

My parents divorced when I was young and I haven't seen my father since pretty much around that time. At this point, being very young, I thought nothing could get worse.

As a kid, I felt like I needed to rebel and disrespect my mom all the time. I ended up being grounded a lot.

Throughout school, I struggled with myself and the need to fit in came into my mind a lot. Sports allowed me to become more disciplined and helped me fit in a little. Even with sports to rely on, I still felt the need to be the popular kid who everyone liked. I thought I did pretty well with that, but I can't really tell anymore. I guess it was for the people in high school to judge. But high school is over now.

I have lost people close to me, whether through death or through growing apart. I miss those people who have left the living Earth and have moved on to a more peaceful place. I also miss those people who aren't in my life anymore because we have grown apart. Some people I have just lost touch with, others I haven't talked to in months because of fights and stopped talking. This has been hard, some recent wounds and some old ones. Some will never heal but a couple have some time to grow a new, harder skin.

Those are just some of the struggles I've had since I was a kid. I'm sure more will be talked about, and more in detail. There was just a little taste of what my life has been like as...

...The Limping Lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment