THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some oldies, but goodies. (Pt. 1)

As I sit here bored in the library at my school, I decided to look up old music videos on YouTube from old bands that I thought were cool when I was growing up. Some had few hits, some had TV shows, some had many hits, some others only were one hit wonders. They were still all great in my opinion in the 90's when I was growing up. Some of these are old but not as old as the 90's, but they can be classics.

My first pick: B*Witched "C'est La Vie"
B*Witched "C'est La Vie"
Now when I was younger I never thought anything of the lyrics but now listening to it today, I realized that some of the lyrics have a hidden meaning. I don't even remember how many times I tried doing the dance moves that the quartet does in the video. 

2. S Club 7 and their hit "Reach"
S Club 7 "Reach"
I chose "Reach" because it is an upbeat, inspirational song that helped S Club 7 continue their success. I found this song catchy and easy to dance to. Possibly a song to dance around your room in your pjs singing into your hairbrush while you're supposed to be getting ready for school in the morning. I still find myself dancing and singing along. And yes, I have no trouble remembering the lyrics! Haha!

3. S Club 7 - "Never Had a Dream Come True"
Never Had a Dream Come True
Not trying to repeat artists here, but I had to slow things down with Never Had a Dream Come True by S Club 7. This video is put together with the original music video, and some clips from when S Club 7 performed for the TRL audience. I still wonder if some of the members were gay, Jon looks it to me and so does Jo. Jon gives me the gay vibe and Jo sends out the butch lesbian vibes sometimes. My favorite member to this day is Hannah.

4. 98 Degrees - I Do (Cherish You)
I Do (Cherish You)
Cute boys that can sing are every girls' dream. The blue eyes and pretty smiles come out in this video as the boys from 98 Degrees sing their hearts out to the girls. I'm pretty sure that every girl hearing this song is hoping the boys were singing about them, me included.

5. Jesse McCartney - Beautiful Soul
Beautiful Soul
I know I fell in love with Jesse McCartney in this video. I also loved him on the television show Summerland as the cutie Bradin. He came out with some other hits from this album but none of them were as strong as "Beautiful Soul". He came back a couple years later with a couple more hits.

6. Dream Street - It Happens Everytime
It Happens Everytime
"It Happens Everytime" was the one hit from the one-hit wonders of Dream Street. Dream Street just happened to launch Jesse McCartney's career. The song is catchy and the cute young boys are a tween catcher. It makes me wonder though, how old are they when they were together, and how do they know about the feelings they're singing about? I think they might be a little young to know about those feelings, but they are going through puberty so who knows? Ha!

 - This is just the first post about oldies but goodies. Stay tuned for my next picks. -

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I never commented here. I read this post when you did it but though I commented. Anyways, you're missed!

    ReplyDelete