THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Friday, July 9, 2010

In Memory of Russell Barlow, my Grandfather

Ever since I was young
I've been having fun.
At your house for fun
you told me to play
on the double yellow line.
And people told me "Don't whine!"
when I refused to walk the line.

You were a tough man
but a loving man.
Full of jokes and sarcasm
and Chianti.
But you never stopped loving me.

You lived a good life,
married a wonderful woman
and nine kids came along
to make you sing happy songs.

In the later years
there were no fears
when all those grandkids
came into the picture.

You loved us always.
You didn't say it often
but we still knew
by your smile
when you joked with us.

At times you were the strong, silent type.
But not afraid to speak your mind.
Kind of like Mr. T from the A-Team.
I still watch it sometimes.
I still remember.
I hope you do too.

Now that you're gone,
your memory still lives on
inside us all.

I speak for all of us when I say,
Grandpa we love you.
Grandpa we miss you.
Watch over us
and we'll see you soon.

RIP Russell Barlow <3
A husband to one,
A father to some,
A grandfather to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment