THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mad Attitudes

Since college, I have never really been an angry person or have had a mad attitude. Every time I got angry I usually just let it go. Since I have been in college, I have encountered a new group of people, expected of a college student. What I wasn't expecting was that I'd become more angry than I was 2 and a half years ago. After graduating people did some shady shit and decided not to be my friend anymore, whether it was to leave high school people behind, or because they found a reason not to like me anymore. Yes, I was upset, but in some situations I thought I didn't deserve the treatment I was receiving from them. I then confronted the people who made me angry to try and get some answers. Some people were reluctant and are still holding grudges. Others got angry because I was angry and learned to confront people and stand up for myself. Therefore, people told me I have changed for the worse. I guess it's because I have learned not to be a pushover? Yeah that makes sense.

I also have encountered people who think my girlfriend and I are one person. We automatically get criticized by the others friends just because we're dating. This is uncalled for because it hurts us both. This should not be happening. We do not control one another; we make our own decisions and actions. I don't know why people ask me shit on my Formspring that is about their "dislike" of her. I don't like when people attack me to get to her. We are individuals. I'm not going to take anyone's bullshit when it comes to attacking me or my girlfriend.

That brings me to another issue of anger. My girlfriend has had conflicts with some people and I try to be the more level-headed or stronger (in some cases where it makes her weak) one. But sometimes I just can't help myself of getting angry to the point where I just want to fight with someone either verbally or physically. Lately, things have happened where she has had to move because of immaturity of her roommates. She just was not compatible with them and they ended up where they would party all the time and treat my girlfriend with bitchy attitudes and treated her things around the house with disrespect. If any of you know me, I am incredibly loyal. I stand up for my friends and for my family members. When someone insults them or disrespects them in any way, I'm likely to stand up for them or bitch someone out for what they did.

Sometimes I just think it would feel so much better just to lash out and punch the people that piss you off. I know there are a couple people I have come in contact with lately that I would just love to punch and tell them to shut the f**k up and leave my girlfriend and I alone. Like stay in your own business and don't disrespect me or her. Some people call us immature but comparing me to these people, there is no way that I am more immature than them. Neither is my girlfriend, which I think is funny. I don't know how someone could call a person who is older than them more immature when clearly the older person drinks more responsibly, does their school work more often and better, and takes it upon themselves to get shit done that needs to be done right away. These people that are so "mature" don't even do half of that, if anything. I just want to laugh in their face, push them out of the way and get on with my life. I wish there weren't laws like assault or harassment sometimes just so I wouldn't get in trouble for beating the piss out of people because I would totally do it on some occasions.

I don't like that I feel this way toward some people but I guess that's life, right? Oh well.

...The Limping Lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment