THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Thursday, March 18, 2010

NCAA: Grade A+ or F?

March Madness is upon us, and if you are a college basketball fan, this is your time to shine. I'm sure if you are a hardcore fan or a heavy follower, you have already filled out your NCAA brackets for the 2010 tournament. Half of the first round is finishing up with the last few games playing right now (11 p.m. EST).

I did some research before filling out my version of the bracket. I looked up every team's record going into the NCAA tournament. I even looked at some of their past games to see how they would match up against their opponents. After I had written down the records, I looked them over and began to fill out the bracket.

Being from Utica and CNY, I have to support Syracuse University in the tournament! Plus, they haven't been doing too bad in their season. I wouldn't put it past them to go all the way to the Final Four and possibly take the whole title. Of course, I have Villanova doing the same thing. So we will see. But don't doubt me, I am definitely rooting for the Orange.

I follow the White House on Twitter, and saw that President Obama had made his picks and posted a picture up on his blog. I compared mine with his, and, I may be a dork by saying this but, it's kind of cool that the President and I have almost the same picks. But we've both gotten some wrong so far. If you want to see what Pres. Obama has for picks, the link is down below.

Some of my picks have turned out right, and I have gotten 3 picks wrong so far. The games playing right now seem to be working out in my favor (knock on wood...and yes, I did knock on wood).

So hardcore college basketball fans, stay tuned in to your local television stations and the NCAA website to keep track of the updated list of winners and losers, teams that have advanced and teams whose seasons have ended with the NCAA tournament. 

After the tournament is all over, with the winner finalized, make sure you have your original bracket beside you. Compare it to the NCAA's final posting of the complete bracket and grade yourself on how your predictions turned out. Will you get an A+ or an F? Or anywhere in between?
 
Important Links:
Pres. Obama's brackets
NCAA bracket
Follow the White House on Twitter

My Picks for the 2010 NCAA March Madness Tournament
 
...The Limping Lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment