THIS IS THE BLOG OF THE LEAPING LIZARD

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beautiful Pt. 2

(cont'd)

So the last time I wrote, in Beautiful Pt. 1, I told you the story of how Cristina and I met. I left off on the week of Valentine's Day. I will pick up where I left off...

... The week before Valentine's Day, Cristina had been asking me if I wanted to be her Valentine. I kept saying no, that it was just easier to stay "single" or without a Valentine, whatever you wanna call it. She never knew what I had in mind until a couple days later.

I compromised with Cristina to go out on a double date with Kristin and Matt (who just turns out to be my ex-boyfriend, but that doesn't really matter). We went to the UC Mens Hockey game. So that Friday afternoon, the day before Valentine's Day might I add, I went straight home after class instead of staying on campus to hang out. My excuse was that I had to do a couple chores before going out that night. I really did have to vacuum, though! But, after I finished vacuuming, I ran to Price Chopper and went to their floral section. I picked out a single hot pink rose, because that's Cristina's favorite color, and had the worker wrap it. When I got back home, I had to shower and get ready for the game, along with writing a note to say --> "Will you be my valentine?" Of course, the classic line, but can you really go wrong with it? I didn't think so. It turned out that I didn't like how the worker wrapped the flower, so I took personal wrapping paper and wrapped the rose myself. I did a hell of a job.

Now, Kristin knew all about what I was doing. While I was at Price Chopper I called her to get her advice on what flower to pick out and she said it was a friend from home who wanted to talk to her in private. So when it came time to meet up with Kristin and Cristina to drive to the hockey game, I placed the flower and note on the front seat of my car, where Cristina was going to end up sitting when I picked them up, and left to go meet them.

When I pulled up to the front of the college, Cristina and Kristin started walking toward my car. Kristin headed to the back seat and Cristina, as I knew, came toward the front seat. She didn't even notice the rose and note on the front seat until she opened the door and was about to sit down. When she saw, she was completely caught off guard and she started to cry. I would say it was a good cry, because that was what she wanted all along but she wasn't expecting a lot after I told her I didn't want a valentine.

After Cristina calmed down a little, she got in the car and we drove off to the hockey game to meet Matt at the Utica Auditorium. We had a great night at the game, we even held hands and put our arms around each other throughout the night. Needless to say, it was a perfect night.

Well, that was our first date. We did go out the next night, bowling with a couple people as our Valentine's Day "date". But I think the hockey game was our Valentine's Day date, officially, or at least it felt more like it. That's the beginning of our story. We are still together, after 1 year and 4 months, and still counting.

...The Leaping Lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment